A stylish automatic 'Cymaflex' watch by Cyma from c.1950.
The original champagne dial has polished gilt Arabic numerald and hour markers, gilt outer minute markers, polished gilt sword hour hands and sweep seconds hand. Watch with leather strap and original winder. Face signed CYMA Automatic Cymaflex.
Cyma was founded in Switzerland 1862, concentrating on high end watches since 1908 . By 1929, Cyma boasted the biggest workshop in Europe and employed 2,000 people making 4,000 watches a day. In 1943, Cyma unveiled its first automatic wristwatch, endowed with a 420 calibre featuring a unidirectional rotor.
Era: Post-War, c.1940 - 1960
Movement: Automatic Cyma 420 calibre movement
Measurements: Case diameter 34 mm
Hallmarks: Watch case 9ct gold